Chris Parker announces daylight savings time schedule changes:
On Sunday, March 13, 2016 the US undergoes its semi-annual ritual of changing time.
As a result Chris Parker’s Weather Centers daily SSB Voice Nets change slightly.
Beginning Monday, March 14:
- 6am AST/EDT (1000 utc) 4.045 & 8.137 USB, Synopsis = E Caribbean
- 6:30am AST/EDT (1030 utc) 4.045 & 8.137 USB, Synopsis = Bahamas & Florida
- 7:30am AST/EDT (1130 utc) 8.137 & 12.350 USB, Synopsis = US E Coast/W Atlantic
- 8:30am AST/EDT (1230 utc) 8.137 & 12.350 USB, Synopsis = E Caribbean
- 9am AST/EDT (1300 utc) 8.137 & 12.350 USB, Synopsis = W Caribbean/E Pacific
- 6:00pm AST/EDT (2200 utc) 8.137 & 12.350 USB, No Synopsis – just traffic with any Subscribing Vessels anywhere in Atlantic & Pacific (anywhere you can hear us).
NOTE: Evening Net (2200 utc) is geared to vessels on offshore passages…propagation at this time of day is LONG, allowing us to work vessels all the way To/From Europe, and well into Pacific (Galapagos, Marquesas and probably beyond). When this Net is busy, we’ll start 15 minutes prior to Net (at 2145 utc) taking a list of vessels who wish traffic with Marine Weather Center. We can then group vessels by area to operate more efficiently and ensure antennas are pointed toward you.Follow Us Share