CSSN is a volunteer organization that collects and disseminates accurate information relating to crimes against yachts in the Caribbean, enabling cruisers to make intelligent decisions about how and where they cruise. It is run by cruisers – for cruisers in the Caribbean yachting community.
CSSN has a well-respected presence in the Caribbean cruising community. Our resources are widely used by cruisers, cruising guides, forums, publishers, news media, security services, law enforcement, government agencies, print and social media.
We would like to expand our all-volunteer team. We are seeking additional volunteers for the Associate Webmaster position. The CSSN associate webmaster role is a behind the scenes role and usually requires less than 20-30 minutes, 2-3 times per week, on average. Volume is somewhat seasonal – less during hurricane season more at other times.
A volunteer associate webmaster needs:
- a good computer (laptop or better),
- a good, regular and reliable internet connection,
- basic skills with WordPress, spreadsheets, word processing, presentation and graphics packages, Google Documents, Forms and Gmail or other email platforms, and social media
- confidentiality – respect for victims’ privacy
- ability to work remotely as part of a team. Your location can be anywhere!